« View county listHigh Wind Watch
San Juan County-Western Whatcom County-Western Skagit County-
Admiralty Inlet Area-
335 PM PST Fri Jan 19 2018
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY
The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a High Wind
Watch, which is in effect from Saturday evening through Sunday
* WIND...Southeast wind 20 to 40 mph with gusts as high as 60 mph
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS...Whidbey Island, Camano Island, Port
Townsend, the San Juan Islands, Anacortes, Mount Vernon,
Bellingham, Cherry Point, and Ferndale.
* TIMING...Winds will increase on Saturday evening then peak early
Sunday morning. Winds will start to ease soon after sunrise on
* IMPACTS...Tree damage and some power outages are possible. Be
careful for the hazard of falling trees, especially if driving
during nighttime hours on Saturday night and early Sunday
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
$$Winter Weather Advisory
Cascades of Whatcom and Skagit Counties-
Including Mount Baker Ski Area and Newhalem
328 PM PST Fri Jan 19 2018
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST SATURDAY
ABOVE 2000 FEET...
* WHAT...Snow occurring. Plan on difficult travel conditions.
Additional snow accumulation through Saturday morning of 5 to
* WHERE...Cascade Mountains of Whatcom and Skagit Counties above
2000 feet, including the Mount Baker Ski Area.
* WHEN...Until 10 AM PST Saturday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.