« View county listHigh Wind Watch
North Coast-Central Coast-
335 PM PST Fri Jan 19 2018
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY
The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a High Wind
Watch, which is in effect from Saturday evening through Sunday
* WIND...South to southeast wind 20 to 40 mph with gusts as high
as 60 mph are possible.
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS...Westport, Ocean Shore, Hoquiam,
Kalaloch, La Push, Forks, and Neah Bay.
* TIMING...Winds will increase on Saturday evening then peak very
early Sunday morning. Winds will start to ease after sunrise on
* IMPACTS...Tree damage and some power outages are possible. Be
careful for the hazard of falling trees, especially if driving
during nighttime hours on Saturday night and early Sunday
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
$$Winter Storm Watch
Including Hurricane Ridge
328 PM PST Fri Jan 19 2018
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH
SUNDAY MORNING ABOVE 2500 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Plan on difficult travel conditions.
Tree branches could fall as well. Snow accumulation on Saturday
night and Sunday morning around 10 to 15 inches.
* WHERE...Olympic Mountains above 2500 feet, including Hurricane
* WHEN...From Saturday evening through Sunday morning.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Significant reductions in visibility are
A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.