« View county listHigh Wind Watch
South Central Oregon Coast-Curry County Coast-
Including the cities of Bandon, Port Orford, Brookings, Harbor,
and Gold Beach
941 PM PST Fri Jan 19 2018
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a High Wind
Watch...which is in effect from late Saturday night through
* Winds...Southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 65 mph possible.
* Timing...Winds increase Saturday night, then peak late Saturday
night through Sunday morning.
* Locations include...Highway 101 from Cape Arago southward,
including Bandon, Port Orford, Gold Beach and Brookings.
* Impacts...Dangerous driving conditions, especially for high-
profile vehicles. Outdoor objects may be blown away or damaged.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest